Rental Housing Committee
The Rental Housing Committee (RHC) is established by the Community Stabilization and Fair Rent Act, and consists of five members and one alternate member. Click here for updates on the CSFRA.
Pursuant to the CSFRA, the Committee’s powers and duties include:
- Setting Rents at fair and equitable levels.
- Establish rules and regulations for administration and enforcement of the CSFRA.
- Determine and publicize the Annual General Adjustment.
- Appoint Hearing Officers to conduct hearings on Petitions for individual Rent Adjustments.
- Adjudicate petitions and issue decisions with orders for appropriate relief.
- Administer oaths and affirmations and subpoena witnesses and relevant documents.
- Establish a budget.
- Administer the withdrawal process for the removal of Rental Units from the rental housing market.
- Hold public hearings.
- Conduct studies, surveys, investigations and hearings.
- Report periodically to City Council.
- Publicize the provisions of the CSFRA.
- Establish a schedule of Penalties for non-compliance.
- Pursue civil remedies in courts of appropriate jurisdiction, subject to City Council approval.
- Intervene as an interested party in litigation with respect to Covered Rental Units, subject to City Council approval.
- Any other duties necessary to administer and enforce the CSFRA.
The Rental Housing Committee usually meets the second and fourth Monday of every month at 7:00 pm in the:
City Hall, 2nd Floor
500 Castro St.
Mountain View, CA 94041
Meeting dates and location are subject to change.
View Current Agenda posted the Friday prior to the hearing date by 5:00 pm.
(You may also view the Current Agenda at the bulletin board by the front doors of City Hall at 500 Castro Street.)
Members and Roster
The Committee consists of:
- Vanessa Oldenkamp Honey (Chair)
- Evan Ortiz (Vice-Chair)
- Matthew Grunewald
- Tom Means
- Emily Ramos
- Julian Pardo de Zela (alternate)
View the Roster for additional information.
The Community Development Department's Housing Division supports the Rental Housing Committee. For additional information, please contact the Housing Division at (650) 903-6125 or by email at RHC@mountainview.gov.