Federal Compliance Requirements
Activities using CDBG funds must meet a number of federal standards. Specific information about the federal requirements is provided below:
Reports/Plans Prepared By City
- 2015-20 Consolidated Plan/2015-16 Action Plan: The Consolidated Plan outlines the needs of the community's low income population and provides a five-year plan of how the City's CDBG and HOME funds will be used to address the identified needs. The Action Plan describes the programs, projects and activities to be undertaken during the fiscal year to address Consolidated Plan goals and objectives. For copies of Action Plans completed prior to Fiscal Year 2015-16, contact the Neighborhoods and Housing Division at 650-903-6379 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2015 Consolidated Annual Performance Evaluation and Report (CAPER): An annual report that describes the City's low-income housing and community development activities carried out during the fiscal year toward meeting Consolidated Plan goals. CAPERs are available for Fiscal Years 2000-2010.
- Citizen Participation Plan: Outlines the process for citizen involvement in the preparation of the Consolidated Plan and the holding of public hearings involving the Federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) or HOME Investment Partnership (HOME) Programs.
- 2015-20 Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice (AI): Identifies potential barriers to fair housing choice and steps the City will take to minimize or eliminate those barriers per Section 808 (e) (5) of the Federal Fair Housing Act.
Additional Documents for Review
In addition to the CDBG/HOME documents provided on-line, the following additional documents are available for review by contacting Yesenia Jimenez, Associate Planner at 650-903-6004. or email@example.com.
- Section 3 Affirmative Action Plan: Outlines the responsibilities of activities receiving CDBG or HOME funds, for carrying out the requirements under Section 3 of the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968 (12 U.S.C. 1701 u) pertaining to employment opportunities for lower income persons and disadvantaged businesses.
- Affirmative Marketing Policies: Policy regarding the marketing of CDBG or HOME funded affordable housing.
- Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) Reports to HUD for each Fiscal Year: Annual HUD reporting requirement regarding contracts provided to small, minority or woman owned businesses.
- Semi-Annual Labor Standards Enforcement Reports for the Past Five Fiscal Years: HUD required report regarding all construction projects covered by the Federal Labor Standards (Davis-Bacon Act, Copeland Act, Contract Work Hours and Safety Standards Act).
Links to HUD Compliance Information for Agencies: