Effective Immediately: Community Stabilization and Fair Rent Act (Measure V)
On November 8, 2016, the residents of the City of Mountain View voted to adopt Measure V, also known as the Community Stabilization and Fair Rent Act (“CSFRA”), to stabilize rents and provide just cause eviction protections for certain Rental Units in Mountain View
Below are key provisions of the CSFRA. The full text of the CSFRA can be downloaded here: Community Stabilization and Fair Rent Act
- Rent levels and rent increases for covered rental units, built before February 1, 1995 must comply with the CSFRA.
- Covered rental units must roll back to the Base Rent, or the rent in effect on October 19, 2015. For tenancies starting after October 19, 2015, the Base Rent is the rent initially paid by the tenant.
- Landlords may apply one Annual General Adjustment ("AGA") (equivalent to the CPI) rent increase, effective September 1, with 30 days’ notice. For 2017 the AGA has been set at 3.4% effective September 1, 2017. Landlords need to give at least a 30 day written notice to tenants of this rent increase.
- Initial rent for new tenancies can be set at market rate. After the new tenancy begins, rents can only be increased in accordance with the CSFRA.
- All multi-family rental properties built before April 5, 2017, are subject to the Just Cause provisions.
If you like to check if your multi-family apartment complex is built before 1995, please click here.
The Annual General Adjustment of rent for 2017 is 3.4%. This rent increase for covered units is allowed to take effect starting September 1, 2017. Landlords must provide tenants with at least 30 days' advance written notice of such rent increase.
Agendas will be posted at least 72 hours in advance.
Monday June 19, 2017 at 7 pm
Monday July 10, 2017 at 7 pm
CFSRA WORKSHOP PRESENTATION
|Contact the Mountain View Rental Housing Helpline.
Call: (650) 282-2514
Walk in Office Hours in City Hall
Every Thursday 12 – 2 PM
1st floor, Front Conference Room
Sign up for our Email
list to receive up to
date information about